Khwaja Saheb was laid to rest in the same cabin where he had prayed and meditated and breathed his last. His grave remained unconstructed for about 250 years till Sultan Ghayasuddin built the Mazar and the tomb with a glittering dome over it The engravings on the dome were carried out during the reign of Sultan Mahmud bin Nasiruddin. King of Mandu offered the doors for the shrine. Inside the tomb, golden railings around the Mazar were the offering by emperor Jahangir and the other silver railing were offered by princess Jahan Ara.
Checkout Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
This small hall on the southern side of the Shrine was erected by Nawab Muhammad Ali of Arcot around 1800 for the comfort of the devotees. It is also used for the death rituals by Khuddam-e-Khwaja.
Click Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
Built in 1646 A. D. on the eastern side of the shrine by princess Jahan Ara.
Overhanging the principal eastern to the Shrine or Mausoleum, there is a handsome porch known as Begami Daalaan which was built in 1643 AD by Princess Jahan Ara Begam, the favorite daughter of Emperor Shah Jahan. The walls and the beautiful marble pillars of the Begami Daalaan were done in colorful gold in 1888 AD. Later on, the ceiling of this Daalaan was also embellished in gold with the money donated by a Muslim merchant of Bombay.
This beautiful portico was used by the Begams or ladies of the Mughal harem during their frequent visits to the shrine. There are two simultaneous entrances to the Shrine through the Begami Daalaan. The doors of both of them are mounted with heavy silverplate carved in ornamental details. The tomb is of white marble inlaid with pieces of precious stones and is daily bestrewed with sandal-paste and Itars (perfumes). It is always covered with very costly ‘Ghilaafs’ (coverings made of velvet and silk) embroidered with pleasing gold and silver tracings.
Begami Dalaan: The main gate of Gumbad Sharif faces the east. A beautiful and grand three side-opened verandah is situated beyond the main gate. It was built by princess Jahan Ara in 1053 Hijra, thus it is called Begami Dalaan.
गुम्बद शरीफ का सदर दरवाजा पूरब की तरफ है। इस दरवाजे के आगे एक बहुत खूबसूरत और आलीशान दालान है जो तीन तरफ खुलता है। यह दालान 1053 हिजरी में शहजादी जहान आरा ने बनवाया था। इसलिए इसको बेगमी दालान कहते हैं।
Visit Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
Mazaar Hazrat Khwaja Fakhruddin Gurdezi R A
His and his wife’s tomb is inside the Tosha Khana which is attached to the Begami Dalaan. And its door opens in the interior of the Rauja-e Munnawara. He was a close relative, Pir Brother and a Mureed of Huzur Gareeb Nawaz R A. Hazrat’s son is known as Khuddam Sayyadjadgaan who is responsible for taking care of the interiors of the Gumbad. Gumbad shareef, Mazaar Akdas and all the commodities inside it, are taken care by him. He does all the rituals like putting flowers, sandal and also helping Zayereen for salam. He is also responsible for taking care of the offerings like chadar and gilaf and placing them.
Click Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
2. Hazrat Shah Nayaz-ulllah Bin Shafique Ahmed Khorasani who died on 13th Shaban 575 Hijri.
3. Hazrat Imam Ahmed Shahab Koofvi.
To the south wall of the Jama masjid Shahjahani there is a small door which leads to a large area. This is a cemetery which extends from the Jhalra wall to the back of the Jama Masjid. In this cemetery are buried the renowned Aulias, Faazil, Sufis, Fakirs and Aulia Allah whose shrine are also over here. Maulana Shamsuddin Sabah is also buried over here. It is said that this cemetery has shrines of the four Buzurg who accompanied Huzoor Gareeb Nawaz R A when he arrived. Hence it is famously known as Chaar Yaar.
Navigate Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
The construction of the Rauja-e-Munnawara and Gumbad Sharif was started during the reign of Sultan Mohammad Khilji. But historians differ and believe that it was built by Khwaja Hussain Nagori R A. The inside of the gumbad is made up of brick and lime. The outer portion of the Gumbad is plastered and covered with lime. Inside the gumbad mubarak, there is a silver ‘Chaparkhat’ (canopy) inlaid with pieces of mother-of-pearl presented by Emperor Jahangir. Between the four poles supporting this `chaparkhat’, there is silver `katehra’ (railing) with an arch towards the south. There is another outer silver katehra running around the tomb at a distance of about 2 feet. The devotees are led into this space to offer flowers and prayers over the tomb.
The ceiling of the dome is covered by a costly velvet chatgiri. A peculiar kind of fascinating aroma prevails in the shrine which inspires the visitors with a spontaneous and irresistible urge for devotion and homage towards the sleeping saint. As soon as one enters the interior of the shrine, he feels as if he is in the presence of some exalted soul or mighty spiritual king.
After the prayers in the evening i.e. Maghrib all the lights powered by electricity are switched off inside the Rauja-e-Munnawara and candles are lit to lighten the inside of the gumbad. While lighting the candles, sonnets are read which are inscribed on the mirrors which are placed inside the gumbad.
रौजा-ए-मुनव्वरा और गुम्बद शरीफ का काम सुल्तान महमूद खिलजी के जमाने में शुरू हुआ, मगर कई इतिहासकार लिखते हैं कि रौजा-ए-मुनव्वर और गुम्बद शरीफ ख्वाजा हुसैन नागौरी र0अ0 ने बनवाई है। गुम्बद का अन्दरूनी हिस्सा पत्थर का है जिनको चूने से जोडा गया है। गुम्बद के बाहर का हिस्सा सफेद है जिस पर चूने का प्लास्टर चढ़ा हुआ है।
गुम्बद के अन्दरूनी हिस्से में सुनहरी व रंगीन नक्श व निगार बने हुए हैं। सफेद गुम्बद पर सोने का बहुत बड़ा ताज लगा है इसको नवाब कलब अली खां (रामपुर) क भाई हैदर अली खां मरहूम ने नज्र किया था। मजारे अक्दस हमेशा मखमल के कब्र-पोशों से ढका रहता है उन पर ताजा गुलाब के फूलों की चादरें चढ़ी रहती है। छप्पर-खट के बीच में सुनहरा कटेहरा लगा है जो शहनशाह जहांगीर ने बनवाकर चढ़ाया था।
Browse Here to Return To Ajmer Sharif Dargah
After passing through Sahan-e-Chirag there are two high doors in the middle of a row of small rooms. One of the doors is located in the east, which is the entrance to compound of Astana-e-Alia from where the Gumbad Sharif can be seen very clearly.
On the left there is a small but very beautiful mosque of white marble called Aulia Masjid. On the right is located Masjid Sandal Khana. Adjacent to its northern corner is located Ahata-e-Chameli, where sacred shrines are located. These shrines and their wall are covered with Jasmine Shrubs. It is said these shrines belong to Bibi Asmat and bibi Ummatulla the holy wives of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishty.
सेहन चिराग से आगे बढ़ने पर हुजरों की लाइन के बीच दो बड़े-बड़े दरवाजे हैं, जो दरवाजा पूरब की तरफ है, उससे आगे बढ़ने पर अहाता-ए-आस्ताने आलिया में दाखिल होते हैं और गुम्बद शरीफ बिल्कुल सामने नजर आता है। बांयी तरफ संगमरमर की बनी हुई एक खूबसूरत मगर छोटी-सी मस्जिद है जिसको औलिया मस्जिद कहते हैं, दांयी तरफ सन्दली मस्जिद है जिसके उत्तरी सिरे से मिला हुआ अहाता-ए-चमेली है जिसमें पाक मजारें हैं। इन मजारों और उनकी दीवारों पर चमेली के पौधे छाए हुए हैं। मशहूर है कि यह मजारे ख्वाजा गरीब नवाज र0अ0 की बीवियों की है।